- Excellent communication skills; can communicate effectively in big or small teams.
- Posses deep understanding of programming concepts; have developed a thorough understanding of programming concepts through education, work experience, and personal projects.
- Committed to the quality of my work; demonstrated time and again that work is completed on time and is of the best quality possible.
- Excellent problem-solving skills; always looking for new and interesting challenges.
- Able to work independently or as part of a team; have worked many positions in the past that emphasized both independent work as well as communication and collaborative work with a team.
- Enjoy learning; thoroughly and quickly learn new ideas, concepts, and methodologies to help me in my work, as demonstrated by my diverse background in known languages, operating systems, and applications (please see below).
- Self-motivated; have developed several applications on my own time, and am currently learning the OpenGL graphics standard for use in a C++ project.
|PHP||Visual Studio 2005/2013|
|Python||Microsoft Office 2000/2003|
|Ruby||Git / Subversion / CVS|
|HTML||Jira / GitLab / Redmine|
Senior Software Developer - Green Brick Labs, Kitchener, Ontario August/2014 - Present
- Developed new features and implemented fixes for web development clients
- Deployed and maintained client servers
- Deployed and maintained internal servers and tools
Software Developer - Prylynx Corporation, Kitchener, Ontario July/2011 - July/2014
- Developed new features and bug fixes for OSCAR, an open source EMR
- Helped maintain customer systems
- Interacted with customers to provide support, plan new features, and fix bugs
Software Engineering Analyst - Research In Motion, Waterloo, Ontario August/2008 - March/2011
- Supported third party software developers to write applications for use on Blackberry devices
- Wrote educational and how-to articles for use by third party software developers
Quality Assurance - Software Innovation, Kitchener, Ontario May/2007 - Aug/2007
- Ran test scripts on flagship product
- Helped maintain code and fix errors
Application Developer - IBM Deutschland, Stuttgart, Germany Jan/2006 - Aug/2006
- Oversaw the development of an internal IBM toolset
- Developed multiple features and fixes from the ground up which involved design, documentation, development, testing and support
- Monitored errors from users of the toolset and made adjustments/fixes as necessary
- Communicated with local team as well as teams overseas and in other countries to ensure smooth operations
- Assisted fellow developers with any technical problems
J2SE/J2ME Developer - Tira Wireless Inc., Toronto, Ontario May/2005 - Aug/2005
- Developed solutions to problems for a wide variety of mobile devices when porting applications using J2ME
- Identified limitations or recurring problems with mobile devices and created fixes/workarounds that could be easily reused
- Worked closely with a team of developers to complete application ports by a specified deadline
Computer Science Tutor - University of Waterloo, Waterloo, Ontario Sept/2004 - Dec/2004
- Attended labs and lectures
- Held one on one student sessions to ensure students achieved a full level of understanding of course material
- Performed miscellaneous administrative duties, such as marking, exam proctoring, updating students' marks, and editing the course webpage
Bachelor of Mathematics - University of Waterloo, Waterloo, Ontario August 2008
- Enrolled primarily in Computer Science and Math courses
- Running, swimming, camping and hiking
- Computer games and computer game development